The BackSwing extension gives your hitch-mount rack the freedom to swing out of the way so you can access your tailgate.
Easy to install, it locks in place while you’re on the road, then unlocks so you can swing your fully-loaded rack a full 90-degrees out of the way to grab your gear, cooler, dog - or just sit and enjoy some post–ride trailgating.
Built strong, the BackSwing can hold up to 250 lbs, and works with just about any hitch-mount rack using a 2” receiver.
BackSwing measurement from bolt hole on tongue to bolt hole on receiver is 13"
- Hitch swing adapter converts most 2” hitch products to a swing-away rack
- Provides easy tailgate access – even with a rack fully loaded with bikes
- Easily swings open 90 degrees and locks in place with simple to use release lever
- Safety latch secures the rack closed while you’re on the road.
- Secures to any 2” hitch receiver using a threaded pin
- Included SKS (Same Key System) lock keeps the rack secure
- 250 lb maximum load capacity (rack plus gear)
Yakima BackSwing PDF User Manaul [+]
Yakima Hitch Fit Tips [+]